Monday, November 16, 2009

UH-OH!

10/17/2009
In an effort to keep Amelia out of the kitchen we moved her playpen, and Costco sized packages of toilet paper, and baby wipes to make a makeshift gate until we could find a real one. A curious thing happened...she pulled herself up! I was shocked and ran out to tell Travis who was mowing the lawn. He was a little annoyed I had interrupted him, but quickly forgave me, lol.

Once Daddy was there, she wouldn't do it anymore so I had to use a little coercion. She has a favorite toy. It is a small yellow rubber ducky that started out as a bathtime toy, and is now her constant companion. I stuck her duck at the back of the toilet paper, and instantly she stood up to get it.

She was none too impressed with being locked out of the kitchen though so she employed her trusty sidekick in a scheme to innocently get to the kitchen. She would toss him over the edge and then proceed to climb over the barricade. "Hey Mom, my duck just happened to go to the other side and I HAVE to go get him!" Unfortunately this always ended in a face plant on the linoleum if we weren't fast enough so she decided there was an obvious flaw in her plan. I'm sure she and the duck are brainstorming ideas to get through the newly installed gate as we speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment